Posted to dev@rya.apache.org by "Aaron D. Mihalik" <aa...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/08 13:32:58 UTC

Understanding Apache Staging Repo Rules?

I built and pushed 3.2.10-RC1 last night and it appears that it failed
Staging Repo Validation.

You can see the staging repo artifacts here:
https://repository.apache.org/#stagingRepositories

and the repo is orgapacherya-1000

I closed the staging repo and Nexus notes that the "[Close] operation
failed with 3 notifications".  I think that these "3 notifications"
represents only one error, the "Failed Signature Validation".  We'll start
looking at that issue.

I can't find much information about the "Apache Ruleset" and Nexus doesn't
provide much feedback.  Can a mentor double check this for me?  Are we only
failing one rule? Are there more automated "Apache Rules" that may trigger
on the close, or is it just these two?

Thanks,
Aaron

Re: Understanding Apache Staging Repo Rules?

Posted by "Aaron D. Mihalik" <aa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Josh.  You caught me right as I was trying out a fix Eric
implemented.

I closed the Repo and it worked just fine.  I'm doing some simple checks,
then I'm going to send out a "vote" email.

Is there a good template for that type of email?

--Aaron

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.