Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2003/01/31 05:04:04 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] ldap modules for Apache 2.0.44 on Win32 causing a crash

Jarrod, feel free to reply to me instead of reply to list... this will take
a few iterations (and once fixed, it should be fine for everyone.)

Your observation is correct; we are building with the ldap client support
now for Win32.  That means that Win2k and XP users have it easy,
while NT 4.0 and 98 users need to grab the client off the of the Win2k
server disk.

You need to do a debug build and try starting Apache with the -x option
(which will run as-a-console, one process.)  When it segfaults you will
be able to choose to debug, and see the line that is faulting (and the
variables at that moment.)

Let me know what you discover and we can go from there.

Bill