Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Wesley Leggette <wl...@cleversafe.com> on 2006/07/11 17:20:51 UTC

controling commit behavior to tags path

Hello,

I have the following standard structure in my repository:

repos1/
   branches/
   tags/
   trunk/

In another repository (repos2), I use svn:externals to reference a
specific tag of repos1. My concern is that I don't want people to
accidentally commit changes to the tag referenced by the externals
definition.

I've written a pre-commit hook to prevent changes to paths below
tags/<dir>, where <dir> is a specific tag. The hook still allows
deletion, addition, and copying from tags.

Any comments? Suggestions for improvements? Anybody see anything else
that does this?

Wesley Leggette
Cleversafe, LLC