Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Raja Pullela <ra...@citrix.com> on 2015/09/24 10:35:31 UTC

VR refactoring, concerns and a way out ?

Hi,

I understand a concern on the VR changes was raised earlier.  My apologies to restart this thread again.

However, my last conversation with Jayapal, who has fixed/have been fixing lot of VR issues, about the VR issues and he is pretty concerned about the refactoring that has happened.  I have had the same concern for sometime now  (VR issues have been on the list of issues to be looked into for at least 4+ weeks) and wanted to see a good solution for this- with VR being very fundamental to the system.

Couple of solutions/proposals –

1)      Back out the VR changes – Pros: VR has been stable for some time and it is working well.

2)      Continue to fix/stability VR changes -   Concerns: is the unknowns, what we will find out and how long this will take to stabilize the VR functionality.

Please chime in if you have any thoughts or concerns around this,

best,

Raja

Re: VR refactoring, concerns and a way out ?

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.
@somesh you message is not helping at all.

The problems is being worked on by a lot of people. Folks know the current blockers and I am expecting to see PR come in to fix them in the coming days. We will then see what the results of BVT are.

Please read the full thread before replying.

Posted by Somesh Naidu <So...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Wilder Rodrigues <WR...@schubergphilis.com>.
Raja,

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.