Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John Upham <ju...@more.net> on 2001/05/14 20:33:27 UTC

Re: Additional Question about web app ; Is it possible to set the GLOBAL default error page forTomCat 4?]

Tomcat gurus:

   I still have not had a response to my original question of 05/09/01 about DEFAULT TC4 error return page, but while looking further into the use of web application <error-page> directives in the app's web.xml, I have come across the
following problem:

1)  Using a JSP page to set a parameter via form with same page as action, perform a divide of 17 by the parameter value. When I enter 0 for the parameter, the expected javax.servlet.ServletException / by 0 is triggered, with root cause of
java.lang.ArithmeticException / by 0. However, I have placed into the web.xml the following:

    <error-page>
        <exception-type>javax.servlet.ServletException</exception-type>
        <location>customerrorSE.html</location>
    </error-page>

  (I have also tried permutations of the <location> value, with no avail. The html file is in the webapps root directory.)

Adding a directive for the Arithmetic exception:
    <error-page>
        <exception-type>java.lang.ArithmeticException</exception-type>
        <location>customerrorJE.html</location>
    </error-page>
also has no effect.

So, does anyone know why this does not appear to be working?