Posted to commits@subversion.apache.org by Daniel Shahaf <da...@apache.org> on 2017/07/02 06:53:17 UTC

release.py += gpg2 support (was: svn commit: r1800548 - /subversion/trunk/tools/dist/release.py)

danielsh@apache.org wrote on Sun, 02 Jul 2017 06:45 +0000:
> release.py: When parsing signatures (for check-sigs and write-announcement),
> use the machine-readable output format.  This adds support for ${PATH}/gpg
> being gpg2; up to now, it was assumed to be gpg1.
>
> The output of release.py is unchanged.

I tested this patch with both gpg1 and gpg2, and "It works on my
machine", but some testing would be good.  Could someone run

    release.py check-sigs --target=/working/copy/of/https://svn.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/subversion 1.9.6

and ensure it works?  (I tested on Debian Stretch already)

Thanks.

Daniel
(if you get an error about key DB27E997429AF20C, just refresh my key
with «gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --refresh-keys E96646BE08C0AF0AA0F90788A5FEEE3AC7937444»)

Re: release.py += gpg2 support

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.
On 02.07.2017 08:53, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> danielsh@apache.org wrote on Sun, 02 Jul 2017 06:45 +0000:
>> release.py: When parsing signatures (for check-sigs and write-announcement),
>> use the machine-readable output format.  This adds support for ${PATH}/gpg
>> being gpg2; up to now, it was assumed to be gpg1.
>>
>> The output of release.py is unchanged.
> I tested this patch with both gpg1 and gpg2, and "It works on my
> machine", but some testing would be good.  Could someone run
>
>     release.py check-sigs --target=/working/copy/of/https://svn.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/subversion 1.9.6
>
> and ensure it works?  (I tested on Debian Stretch already)

Worksforme, macOS 10.12.5 with MacGPG.

-- Brane