Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Luis Rivera <lu...@hotmail.com> on 2006/07/07 04:47:16 UTC

[Axis 1.4] Server side question !!!

   Hi axis users,

I finally got the green light to port the server side or our web services
from LEIF/Roguewave to axis. The main reason is economics, we want to
explore cheaper options.

I was exploring the alternatives for serverlet containers in the server
side, which will be Windows/Solaris. I think the best for axis is Tomcat,
but I am confused with regard to the version I am supposed to use or if this
is the way to go.

I also looked into Sun Application Server  (J2EE based I believe) but why
would I do that? It seems that I would not need axis if I used Sun
Application Server.

So, if I had to justify axis/Tomcat vs J2EE, what would be the best
arguments in favor of axis?

    Thanks in advance,
    --Luis R.

Re: [Axis 1.4] Server side question !!!

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Luis-

*If* you write your own connector you can configure it in as a Connector in $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/server.xml
here is an example of the default Port 8080 connector..

    <!-- Define a non-SSL HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8080 -->
    <Connector
port="8080"               maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" maxSpareThreads="75"
               connectionTimeout="20000" disableUploadTimeout="true" />

Anyone else?
M-

Posted by Luis Rivera <lu...@hotmail.com>.

    Hi again Axis-Users/Devs,