Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Rafael Weingärtner <ra...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/07 21:48:44 UTC

Reset ssh keys not working with cloud-init.

Hi folks,
I am using the Ubuntu template available at http://dl.openvm.eu/cloudstack/,

I create an ssh key using ACS API, and then when I instantiated the VM, I
configured ACS to use the previously created VM. Everything worked.
However, when I created another key and used the API method
“resetSSHKeyForVirtualMachine”, the key was not changed in the VM. Has
someone used this feature before with cloud-init? So, I can get some
information to check if I should start debugging ACS side or cloud-init
side first.

--
Rafael Weingärtner

Re: Reset ssh keys not working with cloud-init.

Posted by Rafael Weingärtner <ra...@gmail.com>.
Cloud-init does not support this functionality..... :(

I have spoken with some people from their community; basically, the same
script that sets up host SSH keys is also the one that sets up user SSH
keys. That is why this script is configured to run only once per instance.
Also, even if we split this script into two, we have the problem of
metadata cache that they do (for some reason they do not want to rely on
the metadata provider). So, even if we ran the script twice, it would only
apply the same key over and over again.

What about a hacking during this ApacheCon to fix this !?

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Rafael,