Posted to common-commits@hadoop.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2008/06/20 23:06:17 UTC

[Hadoop Wiki] Update of "PoweredBy" by JeffHammerbacher

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Hadoop Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by JeffHammerbacher:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/PoweredBy

   * [http://www.facebook.com/ Facebook]
    * We use Hadoop to store copies of internal log and dimension data sources and use it as a source for reporting/analytics and machine learning.
-   * Currently have around a hundred machines - low end commodity boxes with about 1.5TB of storage each. Our data sets are currently are of the order of 10s of TB and we routine process multiple TBs of data everyday.
-   * In the process of adding a 320 machine cluster with 2,560 cores and about 1.3 PB raw storage.  Each (commodity) node will have 8 cores and 4 TB of storage.
+   * Currently have a 320 machine cluster with 2,560 cores and about 1.3 PB raw storage.  Each (commodity) node has 8 cores and 4 TB of storage.
-   * We are heavy users of both streaming as well as the Java apis. We have built a higher level data warehousing framework using these features (that we will open source at some point). We have also written a read-only FUSE implementation over hdfs.
+   * We are heavy users of both streaming as well as the Java apis. We have built a higher level data warehousing framework using these features called Hive (see the [https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-3601 JIRA ticket]).  We have also written a read-only FUSE implementation over hdfs.
   * [http://www.hadoop.co.kr/ Hadoop Korean User Group], a Korean Local Community Team Page.
    * 50 node cluster In the Korea university network environment.
     * Pentium 4 PC, HDFS 4TB Storage