Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Shyam Odedra <Sh...@symantec.com> on 2015/03/04 23:55:32 UTC

PDF extraction timeout

Hi,

I am having an issue where my application must wait X amount of time before giving up on the PDF Extraction. The problem is that when I timeout on the thread doing the PDF Extaction, PDFBox is still working and has a handle on the output file. I need a way to timeout the extraction process and release the file handle.

Is there support for this already?

Thanks

Re: PDF extraction timeout

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Am 04.03.2015 um 23:55 schrieb Shyam Odedra:
> Hi,
>
> I am having an issue where my application must wait X amount of time before giving up on the PDF Extraction. The problem is that when I timeout on the thread doing the PDF Extaction, PDFBox is still working and has a handle on the output file. I need a way to timeout the extraction process and release the file handle.
>
> Is there support for this already?

No - you'd have to construct this yourself, e.g. by extracting one page
at a time and then stop doing it if you think it's no longer fun.

There should not be any endless processing; if there is, please open an
issue or upload the file somewhere.

Tilman