Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Alex Amato <aj...@google.com> on 2019/01/15 01:18:59 UTC

Refactoring Java State Sampler Plan for Ptransform Execution Time metrics (process, finish, start)

Hello,

I am planning to implement the state sampler in Java, by reusing the state
sampler from the Dataflow Runner Harness. It will require a refactoring to
do this:

   1.

   Remove Dataflow specific code from the base classes and place it into
   the relevant subclasses only.
   2.

   Move the necessary classes into a “common” gradle project which can be
   used by both the Beam Java SDK and Dataflow Java Runner Harness.
   3.

   Use the new moved files in the Java SDK.

Here is my full plan in a doc <http://Refactoring Java State Sampler Plan>
I have filled BEAM-6431
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-6431?filter=-2> for this work
as well.

I just wanted to run this idea by the community and see incase there were
any issues with this refactoring plan.

Thanks for your feedback
Alex

Re: Refactoring Java State Sampler Plan for Ptransform Execution Time metrics (process, finish, start)

Posted by Alex Amato <aj...@google.com>.
Sorry, forgot the doc link accidentally. Here it is:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OlAJf4T_CTL9WRH8lP8uQOfLjWYfm8IpRXSe38g34k4/edit#