Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Benjamin Ernst <be...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/09 13:50:03 UTC

ModalWindow serialization problem

Hi guys,

we have a problem with some ModalWindows. We are using a lot of them in our
application and they are often nested in other ModalWindows.
The problem is when we refer to the to the parent that creates the
ModalWindow in this ModalWindow that parent-object is not same as the
parent-object the WindowClosedCallback is in.

This only happen if there are more than 3 nested ModalWindows. Could be a
problem with serialization: The parent-object gets serialized and on the
WindowClosedCallback it gets deserialized. But the changes made in between
this time are now lost.

If that is right? How can we prevent the parent from being serialized?

 -Benjamin

Re: ModalWindow serialization problem

Posted by MarcNuri <ma...@marcnuri.com>.
Hi.
Although this thread is quite old, I'm facing the same problem.
I open a modal window to edit a record. Inside this modalwindow I open
another to choose an object. Inside this third one I open another to filter
the objects to choose by another object.
If the last modalwindow isn't opened, everything works fine.
If I open the fourth modalwindow, the closedcallback of the third refers to
data set before the fourth modalwindow was open.

It's a very strange problem, hope that someone can help. Thanks!

Posted by Benjamin Ernst <be...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matej Knopp <ma...@gmail.com>.