Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Wolfgang Egger <be...@wolfgang-egger.de> on 2010/09/18 08:06:25 UTC

breakpoints

Servus,

I am playing a little with evently after watching some of this videos.

To see whats happening while runtime (cause not everythig behaves lije I
exoected to) I would like to debug e.g. data.js with firebug setting some
breakpoints.

Sadly, I cant find  the place, to break, to step into the design-doc-code.

Is that possible? Any hints are welcome!

Have a nice and relaxing day

Wolfgang

Re: breakpoints

Posted by Johannes Schneider <ma...@cedarsoft.com>.

Re: breakpoints

Posted by Chris Anderson <jc...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 2:59 AM, Wolfgang Egger <be...@wolfgang-egger.de> wrote:
> Servus Nils,
>
> Nils Breunese <N....@...> writes:
>

>> The design doc code is run server-side, while Firebug runs in your browser, so
> no, it doesn't sound like
>
> ok, server-side is a good point ;)
>
> But the selector-callbacks [e.g. selectors/a/click.js] should run client-side,
> shouldn't it?
>
> Do you know, where the starting-point may be?

there are  a bunch of log lines already in jquery.evently.js

try setting $.evently.log = true in you html before the app starts

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchrisa.net

Re: breakpoints

Posted by Wolfgang Egger <be...@wolfgang-egger.de>.
Servus Nils,

RE: breakpoints

Posted by Nils Breunese <N....@vpro.nl>.
The design doc code is run server-side, while Firebug runs in your browser, so no, it doesn't sound like that's possible. I guess your best friend is the log() function which you can call from functions in your design document and writes to the CouchDB log file.

Nils.