Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Merwin Yap <me...@webphilippines.com.ph> on 2000/11/22 11:07:18 UTC

tomcat installation

I'm a newbie... I downloaded a copy of the Tomcat3.2beta 8  and i'm
trying to implement the simplest installation possible.

I'm getting an error message:

forbidden
you don't have permission to access /examples/servlet/HelloWorldExample
on this server

I'll run through on what i've done so far...
1. I decommpressed the file jakarta-tomcat.32beta8 (installed in the
directory
    /home/webapp/jakarta-tomcat)
2. made the environment variables in .bash_profile (tomcat_home, i've
successfully  installed java
    already)
3. copied the mod_jk.so on the directory /usr/lib/apache/
4. appeded "include /home/webapp/jakarta-tomcat/conf/mod_jk..conf-auto"
in httpd.conf
5. edited the worker.properties
6. excuted startup.sh
7. edited mod_jk.conf-auto (changed the line LoadModule statement into "
LoadModule jk_module
    /usr/lib/apache/mod_jk.so")
8. started apache
9  used netscape and accessed it.
("http://localhost/examples/servlet/HelloWorldExample")
10 i get the error message.

I know tomcat works cause i accessed the url
"http://localhost:8080/examples/servlet/HelloWorldExample" i get the
hello world message.

RE: How to configure class path

Posted by Bala Gurram <bg...@emis-intl.com>.
hi,

just use the package statement under login class like

package mybeans;

compile the login class
invoke it with uri http://localhost/examples/mybeans.login

i hope it will work,

-bala.

Posted by tonny <li...@etang.net>.

RE: tomcat installation

Posted by Saurabh Shukla <sa...@cysphere.com>.
Why don't you search through archives ? or search on google.. you will find
the answer.

SHuklix