Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Howard Watson <ho...@esgw.org> on 2004/01/02 22:04:19 UTC

[users@httpd] getRemoteUser null

This is not entirely off-topic because a partial fix involves Apache configuration.

Before stumbling on this partial fix all my JSPs and servlets returned getRemoteUser null. This fix works for JSPs but doesn't help much for servlets. It's also posted on the Tomcat list and two Novell lists. I'll take help anywhere I can get it.

Apache2.0.48
Tomcat4.1.29
mod_jk1.2.5
jvm1.4.1_02a

Does anyone have any idea why a JSP referenced by name in a url would return getRemoteUser = null and the same JSP referenced through DirectoryIndex in Apache2 would return getRemoteUser = expected user name.

Example:
http://serverAddr/DisplayUser.jsp returns null

In Apache conf
DirectoryIndex DisplayUser.jsp