Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by negativescore <ca...@aol.com> on 2006/08/01 01:04:31 UTC

How do I assign a negative score to BAYES_00 ?

Hello all,

How do I assign a negative score to BAYES_00?  I use cpanel online, and when
I enter a negative score, such as -3.0, it registers as no score at
all--just blank space in the score cell.

Please advise.

Thank you!
Sent from the SpamAssassin - Users forum at Nabble.com.

Re: How do I assign a negative score to BAYES_00 ?

Posted by Nix <ni...@esperi.org.uk>.
On Mon, 31 Jul 2006, jdow@earthlink.net murmured woefully:
> Find a floppy disk. Format it. Move cpanel over to the floppy disk.
> Remove the floppy disk from the system. Wrap the floppy in alternating
> layers of foil, lead is best, and parafin until it is about 6" thick.
> Save it until the next full Moon. Take it to a graveyard. In a quiet
> corner dig a hole about 6' deep with a post hole digger. Drop the
> disk in making sure it lands flat. Drive a fire hardened oaken stake
> through the disk and wrappings. Then backfill the hole.

(Gah. Bloody `negativescore' quoted your entire post, without changing
the quoting level, in another thread! Learn to use your tools!)

(The silly question regarding wrapping things in layers of paraffin
stands. :) )

--
`We're sysadmins. We deal with the inconceivable so often I can clearly
 see the need to define levels of inconceivability.' --- Rik Steenwinkel

Re: How do I assign a negative score to BAYES_00 ?

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.
From: "Jose Celestino" <ja...@co.sapo.pt>

Words by negativescore [Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 04:40:00PM -0700]:

> > Hello all,
> >
> > How do I assign a negative score to BAYES_00?  I use cpanel online, and
> > when
> > I enter a negative score, such as -3.0, it registers as no score at
> > all--just blank space in the score cell.
> >
> > Please advise.
>
> Find a floppy disk. Format it. Move cpanel over to the floppy disk.
> Remove the floppy disk from the system. Wrap the floppy in alternating
> layers of foil, lead is best, and parafin until it is about 6" thick.
> Save it until the next full Moon. Take it to a graveyard. In a quiet
> corner dig a hole about 6' deep with a post hole digger. Drop the
> disk in making sure it lands flat. Drive a fire hardened oaken stake
> through the disk and wrappings. Then backfill the hole.
>
> Finally, edit the right files with vi or emacs.
>
> {^_-}
>

> Wow, you're a complete jackass.

Maybe, but with a sense of humour. And he (his MUA more likely) can
quote properly.

To be fair that doesn't always happen. Like your message did not quote
correctly in OutlookExpunge here. Some messages, depending on their
coding, just don't quote correctly for some oddball reason. And the
folks at Microsloth are too lazy to fix their deficiencies. I guess
they have too many security bugs for their staff to be able to handle
non-critical bugs in OE.

{o.o}

Re: How do I assign a negative score to BAYES_00 ?

Posted by Evan Platt <ev...@espphotography.com>.
At 10:23 AM 8/1/2006, you wrote:

>Maybe, but with a sense of humour. And he (his MUA more likely) can
>quote properly.

AOL.

Many a list I'm on have an AOLDiot. One of them didn't quote at all.
So in a thread with hundreds of replies, he'd chime in with "Great
idea! I agree!" and no one had any clue what he was talking about. He
finally learned to quote. However he trims no excess out of his reply,

and his
reply text almost
always looks like
he's trying
to write
a haiku.

Re: How do I assign a negative score to BAYES_00 ?

Posted by Jose Celestino <ja...@co.sapo.pt>.
Words by negativescore [Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 04:40:00PM -0700]:

> > Hello all,
> >
> > How do I assign a negative score to BAYES_00?  I use cpanel online, and
> > when
> > I enter a negative score, such as -3.0, it registers as no score at
> > all--just blank space in the score cell.
> >
> > Please advise.
>
> Find a floppy disk. Format it. Move cpanel over to the floppy disk.
> Remove the floppy disk from the system. Wrap the floppy in alternating
> layers of foil, lead is best, and parafin until it is about 6" thick.
> Save it until the next full Moon. Take it to a graveyard. In a quiet
> corner dig a hole about 6' deep with a post hole digger. Drop the
> disk in making sure it lands flat. Drive a fire hardened oaken stake
> through the disk and wrappings. Then backfill the hole.
>
> Finally, edit the right files with vi or emacs.
>
> {^_-}
>

> Wow, you're a complete jackass.

Maybe, but with a sense of humour. And he (his MUA more likely) can
quote properly.

--
Jose Celestino | http://xpto.org/~japc/files/japc-pgpkey.asc
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I

Re: How do I assign a negative score to BAYES_00 ?

Posted by Clay Davis <cd...@avionics-specialties.com>.
"negativesinceofhumor", sorry this was hilarious, but we're a bunch of
geeks.
Clay

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.
From: "negativescore" <ca...@aol.com>

>> Hello all,
>>
>> How do I assign a negative score to BAYES_00?  I use cpanel online, and
>> when
>> I enter a negative score, such as -3.0, it registers as no score at
>> all--just blank space in the score cell.
>>
>> Please advise.
>
> Find a floppy disk. Format it. Move cpanel over to the floppy disk.
> Remove the floppy disk from the system. Wrap the floppy in alternating
> layers of foil, lead is best, and parafin until it is about 6" thick.
> Save it until the next full Moon. Take it to a graveyard. In a quiet
> corner dig a hole about 6' deep with a post hole digger. Drop the
> disk in making sure it lands flat. Drive a fire hardened oaken stake
> through the disk and wrappings. Then backfill the hole.
>
> Finally, edit the right files with vi or emacs.
>
> {^_-}
>

> Wow, you're a complete jackass.

Not entirely. This isn't the first cpanel problem I've noticed on the
list. Seriously, you need to edit the appropriate configuration files
by hand with vi or emacs. The other part was me and an overdose of
silly pills.

{^_-}   Joanne

Re: How do I assign a negative score to BAYES_00 ?

Posted by negativescore <ca...@aol.com>.

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.
From: "negativescore" <ca...@aol.com>

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 04:04:31PM -0700, negativescore wrote:
> How do I assign a negative score to BAYES_00?  I use cpanel online, and when
> I enter a negative score, such as -3.0, it registers as no score at
> all--just blank space in the score cell.
>
> Please advise.

sounds like a bug in cpanel.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"NT is secure.... as long as you don't remove the shrink wrap." - G. Myers