Posted to common-commits@hadoop.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2008/08/25 19:52:19 UTC

[Hadoop Wiki] Update of "Hbase/FAQ" by izaakrubin

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Hadoop Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by izaakrubin:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/FAQ

   1. [#15 Can I safely move the master from node A to node B?]
   1. [#16 Can I safely move the hbase rootdir in hdfs?]
   1. [#17 Can HBase development be done on windows?]
+  1. [#18 What version of Hadoop do I need to run HBase?]

  == Answers ==
@@ -145, +146 @@

  See the [http://hadoop.apache.org/core/docs/current/quickstart.html quickstart page] for Hadoop. The requirements for developing HBase on Windows is the same as for Hadoop.

+ '''18 [[Anchor(18)]] What version of Hadoop do I need to run HBase?'''
+
+ Different versions of HBase require different versions of Hadoop.  Consult the table below to find which version of Hadoop you will need:
+
+ ||'''HBase Release Number'''||'''Hadoop Release Number'''||
+ ||0.1||0.16.x||
+ ||0.2||0.17.x||
+ ||0.18||0.18.x||
+ ||0.19||0.19.x||
+
+ Releases of Hadoop can be found [http://hadoop.apache.org/core/releases.html here].  We recommend using the most recent version of Hadoop possible, as it will contain the most bug fixes.
+
+ Note that HBase-0.2 can be made to work on Hadoop-0.18.x.  HBase-0.2 ships with Hadoop-0.17.x, so to use Hadoop-0.18.x you must recompile Hadoop-0.18.x, remove the Hadoop-0.17.x jars from HBase, and replace them with the jars from Hadoop-0.18.x.
+
+ Also note that after HBase-0.2, the HBase release numbering schema will change to align with the Hadoop release number on which it depends.
+