Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Arshan Varsi <ar...@yahoo.co.in> on 2007/03/06 09:50:18 UTC

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError -- Please advise

Hi everybody

  My system confi is :
  Win XP , JDK 6 .   My env variables are :  PATH :C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0\bin and CLASSPATH : . (Dot).

  I have ran many java programs in my system without any problems. I have installed tomcat 6 (by just using the Windows Service installer - apache.tomcat.6.0.10.exe and making no other configurations ) .

  Now I face problem whenever I want to run any java programs, I get error message :

  Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Tutorial05 (Unsupported major.minor version 50.0)

  Could you please advise ?

  Thanks

---------------------------------

Re: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError -- Please advise

Posted by Li <am...@gmail.com>.
I updated my tomcat 5 to 6 (beta) which I didnt have this problem. Class
version problem sometimes caused by system time. have you changes your
system time? Or try to clean up all classes you had generated and compile
your java program again see how

On 3/6/07, Peter Crowther <Pe...@melandra.com> wrote:

> > From: Arshan Varsi [mailto:arshan_v@yahoo.co.in]
> >   My system confi is :
> >   Win XP , JDK 6 .   My env variables are :  PATH :C:\Program
> > Files\Java\jdk1.6.0\bin and CLASSPATH : . (Dot).
> >
> >   I have ran many java programs in my system without any
> > problems. I have installed tomcat 6 (by just using the
> > Windows Service installer - apache.tomcat.6.0.10.exe and
> > making no other configurations ) .
> >
> >   Now I face problem whenever I want to run any java
> > programs, I get error message :
> >
> >   Exception in thread "main"
> > java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Tutorial05
> > (Unsupported major.minor version 50.0)
> >
> >   Could you please advise ?
>
> Something is trying to use an older JDK to run Tomcat - probably 1.5.  I
> think you should look at the Tomcat service properties and check that it
> is correctly configured.
>
>                 - Peter

When we invent time, we invent death.

RE: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError -- Please advise

Posted by Peter Crowther <Pe...@melandra.com>.