Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Benoit Decherf <de...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2008/09/10 12:24:52 UTC

site plugin hangs.

Hi,

I have a problem with the dependency report while generaing the site:
It hangs in :
        [INFO] Generating "Dependencies" report.

I execute a jstack on the process and it seems that it is blocked on :
    "main" prio=10 tid=0x08058400 nid=0x4944 runnable
[0xf7fd2000..0xf7fd3288]
           java.lang.Thread.State: RUNNABLE
                at
java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:129)
                at
java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:218)
                at
java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(BufferedInputStream.java:258)
                at
java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:317)
                - locked <0xf0c2f038> (a java.io.BufferedInputStream)
                at
sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTPHeader(HttpClient.java:687)
                at
sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTP(HttpClient.java:632)
                at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1000)
                - locked <0xf0c25500> (a
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection)
                at
java.net.HttpURLConnection.getResponseCode(HttpURLConnection.java:373)
                at
org.apache.maven.wagon.providers.http.LightweightHttpWagon.resourceExists(LightweightHttpWagon.java:312)
                at
org.apache.maven.report.projectinfo.dependencies.RepositoryUtils.dependencyExistsInRepo(RepositoryUtils.java:219)

I'm using maven 2.0.9.

I use an archiva repository for all the jars, BUT the dependency report
is done using repo1.maven.org !!
Do you have an idea ?

Benoit

Re: site plugin hangs.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
It seems the dependency report is not honouring the mirror settings - you
might need to check if the newer version (which is planned to be released
soon) corrects this issue, or if there is another issue in JIRA for it. If
not, it should definitely be recorded.
I'm not sure if it will be possible to workaround this other than to disable
the dependencies report.

- Brett

2008/9/10 Benoit Decherf <de...@yahoo-inc.com>

> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with the dependency report while generaing the site:
> It hangs in :
>       [INFO] Generating "Dependencies" report.
>

> I execute a jstack on the process and it seems that it is blocked on :
>   "main" prio=10 tid=0x08058400 nid=0x4944 runnable
> [0xf7fd2000..0xf7fd3288]
>          java.lang.Thread.State: RUNNABLE
>               at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)
>               at
> java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:129)
>               at
> java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:218)
>               at
> java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(BufferedInputStream.java:258)
>               at
> java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:317)
>               - locked <0xf0c2f038> (a java.io.BufferedInputStream)
>               at
> sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTPHeader(HttpClient.java:687)
>               at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTP(HttpClient.java:632)
>               at
> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1000)
>               - locked <0xf0c25500> (a
> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection)
>               at
> java.net.HttpURLConnection.getResponseCode(HttpURLConnection.java:373)
>               at
> org.apache.maven.wagon.providers.http.LightweightHttpWagon.resourceExists(LightweightHttpWagon.java:312)
>               at
> org.apache.maven.report.projectinfo.dependencies.RepositoryUtils.dependencyExistsInRepo(RepositoryUtils.java:219)
>

> I'm using maven 2.0.9.
>
> I use an archiva repository for all the jars, BUT the dependency report is
> done using repo1.maven.org !!
> Do you have an idea ?
>
> Benoit

Brett Porter