Posted to user@struts.apache.org by hemant <xr...@yahoo.com> on 2002/04/02 17:07:15 UTC

Consistent ClassCastException in VisualAge 3.5.3 with Struts

Comrades,

Here is the scenario.

Environment: VA 3.5.3, Struts 1.0.2, Tomcat 4.0.1

1.Start Tomcat
2.Debug a JSP in the WebApp(Involves struts), some exception is thrown somewhere
3.Stop Tomcat Gracefully using StopTomcat's main()
4.Start Tomcat again
5.Hit JSP

6.The following Exception is thrown
type Exception report

message Internal Server Error

description The server encountered an internal error (Internal Server Error) that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

java.lang.ClassCastException
	java.lang.Throwable()
	java.lang.Exception()
	java.lang.RuntimeException()
	java.lang.ClassCastException()
	org.apache.struts.action.ActionForm org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.processActionForm(org.apache.struts.action.ActionMapping, javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest)
	org.apache.struts.action.ActionForm org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.processActionForm(org.apache.struts.action.ActionMapping, javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest)
	void org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest, javax

7.Delete Struts project from VA Workspace, Delete Struts packages from repository
8.Load Struts Again by importing jar from version 1.0.2
9.Start Tomcat
10.Hit JSP
11.Everything works Fine.

Whats going on??? Why do I have to import ? This started very recently after I experimented with 1.1Beta. But before switching back to 1.0.2, I deleted the entire Beta Struts related Jars. I also got the latest Xerces. Please enlighten this ignorant soul.

Thank You for your Time
hemant