Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Joseph A Nagy Jr <jo...@charter.net> on 2003/06/01 17:38:18 UTC

[users@httpd] SSI Problems

Okay, I use <!--#flastmod file="file.shtml" --> on my pages so I don't
have to be bothered with typing in the date myself (and this is entirely
more accurate). Recently I decided to put <!--#flastmod
file="file.shtml" --> next to one of my links[0] on all pages in the
site because someone might want to know what the last thing I did was
(and when). My problem is that I went into one directory and put
<!--#flastmod file="../important.shtml" --> on the page so it would go
to the proper document. All I keep getting (even though I've tried
<!--#flastmod file="/../important.shtml" -->
and <!--#flastmod file="/important.shtml" -->) is [an error occurred
while processing this directive].

Currently I have it set to the last one above (as that's what the rest
of my links are set to). Any idea's? Running Apache 1.3.27 on RedHat 7.2
and the -4 Shield of No Spell Checker

Re: [users@httpd] SSI Problems [Solved]

Posted by Joseph A Nagy Jr <jo...@charter.net>.
Joseph A Nagy Jr wrote:
> Rich Bowen wrote:
<snip>
>> Two suggestions.
>>
>> 1) Look in the error log.
>>
>> 2) Use the "virtual" syntax, and provide the (local) URL to the file.
>> Like:
>>
>> <!--#flastmod virtual="/important.shtml" -->
>>
>> The thing to remember is that "file" takes a file path argument, and
>> "virtual" takes a URL path argument, and so tends to more often do what
>> you mean, rather than what you say.
>>
> mm'kay, btw
>
> [0]: http://joseph-a-nagy-jr.homelinux.org

Thanks Rich. It seems I still have a lot to learn about SSI's. :) BTW,
your second suggestion worked, I will look at the log file though

and the -4 Shield of No Spell Checker

Re: [users@httpd] SSI Problems

Posted by Joseph A Nagy Jr <jo...@charter.net>.

Re: [users@httpd] SSI Problems

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

--
Nothing is perfekt. Certainly not me.
Success to failure. Just a matter of degrees.