Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Logan Barfield <lb...@tqhosting.com> on 2014/12/18 17:06:48 UTC

Add Storage Network

During initial deployment we went with a simpler network design by letting
secondary storage traffic run over the management network.  We would like
to offload secondary storage to a separate network, and are trying to
figure out the best method of doing so.

Based on the recommendations in the documentation we would need to add a
new Physical Network, and add the "Storage" traffic type to that network.

Could we instead just add a new traffic type to the existing network, just
set up the specified VLAN + Storage subnet on a separate NIC on the
hypervisor?

For Primary Storage the NIC used is just determined by the hypervisor's
routing table, so wouldn't it work the same for the secondary storage
network, or is there a reason it should be added as a separate Physical
Network in CloudStack?

Re: Add Storage Network

Posted by Logan Barfield <lb...@tqhosting.com>.
Thanks for the confirmation.  I probably won't get around to actually
messing with it until January, so maybe someone else will chime in for more
verification.

Thank You,

Logan Barfield
Tranquil Hosting