Posted to dev@archiva.apache.org by "Lustig, Marc (Allianz Deutschland, externer Mitarbeiter)" <EX...@allianz.de> on 2008/06/24 14:18:13 UTC

SSO Archiva / Continuum

hi,
since Archiva and Continuum are highly complimentary it would be helpful for many users to have a single login for both apps. I have heard this request a number of times!
Already both apps ground on the same authentication and authoriation system (redback) and the db schemas are also the same.
Would it be possible to use a single db-instance for both apps?
I suppose it won't work because the security-roles are different for each system.
So, my idea is to leave the authorization each in the dedicated tables, while having the authentication at a central place/table.

Can one of the Redback-developers please explain if it would be sufficient to have a single table JDOUSER, and the rest of the tables to have one for each app. I think the easiest way would be to use the same db-instance, and simply prefix the table-sets: CONT_SECURITY_.... ARCH_SECURITY_....

I think anyway some better integration of Continuum and Archiva would be highly welcome.

M.

Re: SSO Archiva / Continuum

Posted by Andrew Williams <an...@handyande.co.uk>.
I had a project that integrated the two and used a single
authentication source - see maven-enterprise in the maven sandbox.
Sure it is well out of date now, but it might show you how to set it up.

Hope it helps,
Andy

Re: SSO Archiva / Continuum

Posted by Olivier Dehon <od...@gmail.com>.
Actually, if you configure archiva to use the same "users" database as
continuum, it just works, since roles do not collide between the 2 apps
(AFAIU).

I did this using a MySQL DB on Ubuntu 8.04 without any issues.

-Olivier

On Tue, 2008-06-24 at 14:18 +0200, Lustig, Marc (Allianz Deutschland,

Re: SSO Archiva / Continuum

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
You will have to log in repeatedly because the cookie is not stored on
a shared domain and path.

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org

Re: SSO Archiva / Continuum

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.
I don't know, never tested :)

Re: SSO Archiva / Continuum

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Re: SSO Archiva / Continuum

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.
for the users db, you hust need to use the same jdbc url for archiva et
Continuum users databases in datasources.

I don't remember how to configure the shared path for cookies. Brett, do you
know? If you don't set it, you'll need to authenticate on both instead of
only one login.

Emmanuel

AW: SSO Archiva / Continuum

Posted by "Lustig, Marc (Allianz Deutschland, externer Mitarbeiter)" <EX...@allianz.de>.

Re: SSO Archiva / Continuum

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
You can also set redback to use a shared path for it's cookies to have
those work together.

- Brett

Re: SSO Archiva / Continuum

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.