Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Hewitt, Christopher" <Ch...@tdsecurities.com> on 2005/01/06 18:34:51 UTC

Null Pointer Exception when trying to create Service

Hi,

I have a web service setup that has been working fine in testing.
I am now trying to incorporate the client code into an application running in Weblogic 8.1 on a different machine, but there is an issue when creating the Service object.

This is the call:
Service das = new Service(wsdlUrl, new QName(nameSpaceUri, serviceName));

An this is the result:
javax.xml.rpc.ServiceException: Error processing WSDL document: java.lang.NullPointerException

I have done everything I can think of to debug this problem, with no luck.
The service parameters are being passed in correctly, and there appear to be no classloading or import issues.

I also added code to test the http connection and print out the content, using some standard java classes.  The wsdl comes back just fine.
It's just as soon as I try creating the axis Service object that it doesn't seem to be able to connect and retrieve the wsdl.

Oh yes, and according to the axis server log, the only request for the wsdl it detects is when the http testing code executes - no request comes when the Service object is constructed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Chris Hewitt
TD Securities - Technology Solutions