Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by ting <li...@163.com> on 2007/08/14 08:33:07 UTC

about nutch pagerank

Excuse me:

   I'am Ting ,I am studying nutch now and have some questions.

   I use nutch-0.9 and reading its source code now. , but it is so different
from nutch-0.7.I want to know how to use nutch-0.9 to crawl the whole web ,
I can't find the code like nutch-0.7 to crawl the whole web. Then, How dose
nutch-0.9 give scores to pages, dose it use Pagerank. Where is the code to
handle pagerank.. I can't find the code!

   Please help me! Thank you!

Re: about nutch pagerank

Posted by Martin Kuen <ma...@gmail.com>.
hi Ting,

Have a look at the "scoring-opic" plugin and the package "
org.apache.nutch.scoring.*".

"opic" is the algorithm used by nutch to determine a page's static
importance. Basically speaking it does the same job as google's pagerank
algorithm.

some issues (probarbly fixed?) regarding the implementation (link to the
original opic-paper can be found there) :
http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/FixingOpicScoring

regarding the issues - sombody just got (or tries to get) his hands on the
opic-plugin. Probably you want to keep an eye on that thread:
<file:///C:/Programme/Java/nutch-0.9/src/plugin/scoring-opic/src/java/org/apache/nutch/scoring/opic/>
http://www.mail-archive.com/nutch-user%40lucene.apache.org/msg09166.html<http://www.mail-archive.com/nutch-user%2540lucene.apache.org/msg09166.html>

Cheers,

martin