Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Shawn Carraway <ca...@midlandstech.edu> on 2008/04/16 23:08:04 UTC

Installation help

Hi all,
I am trying to install Solr with Jetty (as part of another application)
on a Linux server running Gentoo linux and JDK 1.6.0_05.

When I try to start Jetty (and Solr), it doesn't open a port.

I know you will need more info, but I'm not sure what you would need as
I'm not clear on how this part works.

Thanks,
Shawn

Re: Installation help

Posted by john999 <ab...@gmail.com>.
I have been worked on solr cloud before 3-4 years. I worked day and night as
at that time i was not a linux guy. After lots of nightmare reading I
installed solr cloud with external zookeeper.Find here  "Solr Cloud
Installation with External Zookeeper"
<http://dlightdaily.com/2016/11/30/solr-cloud-installation-zookeeper/>

Re: Installation help

Posted by Matt Mitchell <go...@gmail.com>.
What does the Jetty log output say in the console after you start it? It
should mention the port # on one of the last lines. If it does, try using
curl or wget to do a local request:

curl http://localhost:8983/solr/
wget http://localhost:8983/solr/

Matt