Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by thomassaxtoft <t....@sondagsavisen.dk> on 2002/08/09 11:32:40 UTC

Problem with Logger and serialization

Hi!

I have a class, UnitedPosting, which is serializable. It contains a logger:
static Logger logger = Logger.getLogger(UnitedPosting.class);

My problem is now that passing the object from the client to server does not work. I thought that making the Logger static should keep the object serializable. I have also tried transient instead of static with the same result.
I get no kind of error messages from the server (Orion). It just returns without doing anything after the call from the client, and the client continues as if everything was perfect.

When I uncomment the logger field everything works fine, but I have no logger.

I appreciate any kind of help.

Thomas