Posted to solr-commits@lucene.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2008/05/15 13:12:09 UTC

[Solr Wiki] Update of "Solr1.3" by PieterCoucke

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Solr Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by PieterCoucke:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Solr1%2e3

The comment on the change is:
Remark about the release date

  As preparations for the 1.3 release are made, this wiki will be used for any strategic planning.

  After the 1.3 release is made, this wiki will provide some information about the release
+
+ About the release date ([http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-solr-user/200805.mbox/%3C4AD55704-BAF2-4267-B90F-97AD3FF189BB@zappos.com%3E from the mailing archives]):
+ ''There isn't a specific date so far, but I'd like to say that only once
+ in the year or so I've been working with the SVN head build of Solr
+ have I noticed a bug get committed. And it was fixed very quickly once
+ it was found. I think if you need to have development features you're
+ probably safe to use the SVN head, but remember that it is dev, and
+ you should *always* test new builds before actually using them.''

  [[Anchor(Deprecation)]]