Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/09 04:43:33 UTC

[DISCUSSION] The needs to find and backport old PRs to 0.10.x branch

Hi all,

While I'm working on STORM-1603
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-1603>, I found changesets
regarding log4j2 configuration are not backported to 0.10.x-branch.

Not only I found that STORM-1463 is not backported to 0.10.x-branch, but
also I realized that backporting STORM-1463
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-1463> is not sufficient.
Moreover, unfortunately I can't track history of supervisor.clj since it
was moved.
(At least github doesn't show history before moved.)

So, in order to clearly resolve the issue, I need to dig whole issues which
are fixed in 1.0.0, which may spend huge amount of time.

If we have strong feeling of releasing 0.10.1, maybe we need to dig old PRs
for candidate backporting and do it.
Since we're focusing on 1.0.0 and 2.0.0, and anyone said about 0.10.1, so
I'm wondering it's worth to do.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Jungtaek Lim (HeartSaVioR)