Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by sheikh hossain <sh...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/09 16:57:20 UTC

Tapestry 5.4 error in rendering ..Failure reading parameter 'validate' of component..

Hi,
Not sure where to send or post messages or this is the right forum to
discuss about problems.

We are upgrading our app from tapestry5.1.0 to tapestry5.4.0

Accessing a page which contains a select list dropdown of stores fails.

I am getting the following error.
Failure reading parameter 'validate' of component utilities/TaxLookup
*:store:* Unknown validator type *'[[missing key: store-validate]]'.*
Configured validators are email, max, maxlength, min, minlength, none,
regexp, required.

it is complaining on specific line(last line in the following snippet) in
the TaxLookup.tml

<tc:groupbox>
    <t:form t:id="form">

        <t:errors/>
<t:if test="storeModel.options">
value="store" t:blankOption="never"/></td>
------------
----

In my TaxLookup.java I have the following lines for 'Store'.

public class TaxLookup {
    @Property
        private Store store;
        ----- more properties.....

void onActivate(final Object[] aContext) throws SQLException, IOException {
                String stnum = aContext[0].toString();
        store = theStoreDAO.find(dao, Integer.parseInt(stnum));
                ------
                ----- more code......

From this method the flow continues to go through tapestry
*FieldValidatorDefaultSourceImpl* where at line 61 it tries to create the
FiledValidator for 'Store' and fails.

I wonder why its doing this. Is that because @Property is mentioned.
There's no validator attached to 'Store'.
I wonder how to fix it.

I would really appreciate any response.
Thanks!