Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Srikanth Rajan <rs...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/28 12:16:54 UTC

HMaster shows decommisioned servers as Dead Region Servers

Hi Folks,

HBase version : 0.94.20

Recently we decommissioned some RegionServer hosts from HBase cluster.
We cleaned up all hadoop/hbase configs including the "regionservers"
file. Tried restarting HMaster Service and even entire cluster multiple
times. But somehow HMaster is showing some of the decommissioned servers
as "Dead Region Servers".

I could not find any traces of the decommissioned hostnames in
Zookeeper. Also I did a full grep on hadoop/hbase installation
directory, no traces of decommissioned hostnames there as well. I am
just wondering where the HMaster is picking up the region server list from.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,
Srikanth

Re: HMaster shows decommisioned servers as Dead Region Servers

Posted by Esteban Gutierrez <es...@cloudera.com>.
Hello Srikanth,

Could you please tell us more about the decommissioning process? Are you
using the hbase/bin/region_mover.rb script and then after completion are
you shutting down Region Server Java process? do you have any HBase master
log that you could upload to pastebin around the time you decommissioned
the RS and restarted the master?

cheers,
esteban.

--