Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Mark Furlong <mf...@ancestry.com> on 2017/09/07 18:55:55 UTC

Manual repair not showing in the log.

I have started a repair and I received the message ‘Starting repair command #1, repairing 25301 ranges for keyspace x (parallelism=PARALLEL, full=true). When I look in the log for antientropy repairs I do not see anything for this keyspace. Expecting to see messages for the merkle trees on each column family in the keyspace… nothing.

The repair appears to not be doing anything, what is it stuck on?

Mark Furlong

Sr. Database Administrator

mfurlong@ancestry.com<ma...@ancestry.com>
M: 801-859-7427
O: 801-705-7115
1300 W Traverse Pkwy
Lehi, UT 84043

​[http://c.mfcreative.com/mars/email/shared-icon/sig-logo.gif]

RE: Manual repair not showing in the log.

Posted by Mark Furlong <mf...@ancestry.com>.
Yes, I have one validation task in my compactionstats.

Thanks
Mark
801-705-7115 office

Can you check if you have any validation compaction running in nodetool compactionstats?

1300 W Traverse Pkwy<https://maps.google.com/?q=1300+W+Traverse+Pkwy%0D+Lehi,+UT+84043&entry=gmail&source=g>
Lehi, UT 84043<https://maps.google.com/?q=1300+W+Traverse+Pkwy%0D+Lehi,+UT+84043&entry=gmail&source=g>

​[http://c.mfcreative.com/mars/email/shared-icon/sig-logo.gif]

Re: Manual repair not showing in the log.

#1, repairing 25301 ranges for keyspace x (parallelism=PARALLEL,

*mfurlong@ancestry.com <mf...@ancestry.com>*

​[image: http://c.mfcreative.com/mars/email/shared-icon/sig-logo.gif]