Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Tecno Brain <ce...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/26 19:03:21 UTC

Installing HBase, what jar files from Hadoop need to match?

I'm trying to install HBase 0.94.8 just for testing purposes on a single
node Hadoop cluster running on a Mac OS X with Hadoop 1.1.2 ( Pig 0.11.1  +
Hive 0.11.0 )

I found the following paragraph in the HBase documentation:

     "Because HBase depends on Hadoop, it bundles an instance of the Hadoop
jar under its lib directory. The bundled jar is ONLY for use in standalone
mode. In distributed mode, it is critical that the version of Hadoop that
is out on your cluster match what is under HBase. Replace the hadoop jar
found in the HBase lib directory with the hadoop jar you are running on
your cluster to avoid version mismatch issues. Make sure you replace the
jar in HBase everywhere on your cluster. Hadoop version mismatch issues
have various manifestations but often all looks like its hung up."

I am not sure what JAR files is referring to.
Is it core-3.1.1.jar ?

-Jorge

$ ls -l hadoop-1.1.2/lib

asm-3.2.jar
aspectjrt-1.6.11.jar
aspectjtools-1.6.11.jar
commons-beanutils-1.7.0.jar
commons-beanutils-core-1.8.0.jar
commons-cli-1.2.jar
commons-codec-1.4.jar
commons-collections-3.2.1.jar
commons-configuration-1.6.jar
commons-daemon-1.0.1.jar
commons-digester-1.8.jar
commons-el-1.0.jar
commons-httpclient-3.0.1.jar
commons-io-2.1.jar
commons-lang-2.4.jar
commons-logging-1.1.1.jar
commons-logging-api-1.0.4.jar
commons-math-2.1.jar
commons-net-3.1.jar
core-3.1.1.jar
hadoop-capacity-scheduler-1.1.2.jar
hadoop-fairscheduler-1.1.2.jar
hadoop-thriftfs-1.1.2.jar
hsqldb-1.8.0.10.LICENSE.txt
hsqldb-1.8.0.10.jar
jackson-core-asl-1.8.8.jar
jackson-mapper-asl-1.8.8.jar
jasper-compiler-5.5.12.jar
jasper-runtime-5.5.12.jar
jdeb-0.8.jar
jdiff
jersey-core-1.8.jar
jersey-json-1.8.jar
jersey-server-1.8.jar
jets3t-0.6.1.jar
jetty-6.1.26.jar
jetty-util-6.1.26.jar
jsch-0.1.42.jar
jsp-2.1
junit-4.5.jar
kfs-0.2.2.jar
kfs-0.2.LICENSE.txt
log4j-1.2.15.jar
mockito-all-1.8.5.jar
oro-2.0.8.jar
servlet-api-2.5-20081211.jar
slf4j-api-1.4.3.jar
slf4j-log4j12-1.4.3.jar
xmlenc-0.52.jar

Re: Installing HBase, what jar files from Hadoop need to match?

Posted by Tecno Brain <ce...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Tariq and JM.
I didn't have to replace any files.

I was able to run HBase in top of HDFS following (partially) the
instructions for pseudo-distributed mode.  I only had to change the port
number to match the one used by my "namenode" in the file hbase-site.xml

-Jorge

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
Hello there,

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.