Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo <ed...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/18 08:22:51 UTC

Unable to index rich-text documents in Solr Cloud

Hi everyone,

I'm having some issues with indexing rich-text documents from the Solr
Cloud. When I tried to index a pdf or word document, I get the following
error:

org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Bad Request

request: http://192.168.2.2:8984/solr/logmill/update?update.distrib=TOLEADER&distrib.from=http%3A%2F%2F192.168.2.2%3A8983%2Fsolr%2Flogmill%2F&wt=javabin&version=2
	at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.ConcurrentUpdateSolrClient$Runner.run(ConcurrentUpdateSolrClient.java:241)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I'm able to index .xml and .csv files in Solr Cloud with the same configuration.

I have setup Solr Cloud using the default zookeeper in Solr 5.0.0, and
I have 2 shards with the following details:
Shard1: 192.168.2.2:8983
Shard2: 192.168.2.2:8984

Prior to this, I'm already able to index rich-text documents without
the Solr Cloud, and I'm using the same solrconfig.xml and schema.xml,
so my ExtractRequestHandler is already defined.

Is there other settings required in order to index rich-text documents
in Solr Cloud?

Regards,
Edwin

Re: Unable to index rich-text documents in Solr Cloud

Posted by Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo <ed...@gmail.com>.
Hi Shawn,

Yes, I'm using the /update/extract handler. I'm not sure about the
shards.qt parameter too.

Regards,
Edwin

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.

Posted by Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo <ed...@gmail.com>.
This is the logs that I got from solr.log. I can't seems to figure out
what's wrong with it. Does anyone knows?

ERROR - 2015-03-18 15:06:51.019;
org.apache.solr.update.StreamingSolrClients$1; error

http://192.168.2.2:8984/solr/logmill/update?update.distrib=TOLEADER&distrib.from=http%3A%2F%2F192.168.23.72%3A8983%2Fsolr%2Flogmill%2F&wt=javabin&version=2
at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.ConcurrentUpdateSolrClient$Runner.run(ConcurrentUpdateSolrClient.java:241)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
INFO  - 2015-03-18 15:06:51.019;
org.apache.solr.update.processor.LogUpdateProcessor; [logmill] webapp=/solr
path=/update/extract params={literal.id
=C:\Users\edwin\solr-5.0.0\example\exampledocs\solr-word.pdf&resource.name=C:\Users\edwin\solr-5.0.0\example\exampledocs\solr-word.pdf}
{add=[C:\Users\edwin\solr-5.0.0\example\exampledocs\solr-word.pdf]} 0 1252
INFO  - 2015-03-18 15:06:51.029;
org.apache.solr.update.DirectUpdateHandler2; start
commit{,optimize=false,openSearcher=true,waitSearcher=true,expungeDeletes=false,softCommit=false,prepareCommit=false}
INFO  - 2015-03-18 15:06:51.029;
org.apache.solr.update.DirectUpdateHandler2; No uncommitted changes.
Skipping IW.commit.
INFO  - 2015-03-18 15:06:51.029; org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore;
SolrIndexSearcher has not changed - not re-opening:
org.apache.solr.search.SolrIndexSearcher
INFO  - 2015-03-18 15:06:51.039;
org.apache.solr.update.DirectUpdateHandler2; end_commit_flush
INFO  - 2015-03-18 15:06:51.039;
org.apache.solr.update.processor.LogUpdateProcessor; [logmill] webapp=/solr
path=/update params={waitSearcher=true&distrib.from=
http://192.168.2.2:8983/solr/logmill/&update.distrib=FROMLEADER&openSearcher=true&commit=true&wt=javabin&expungeDeletes=false&commit_end_point=true&version=2&softCommit=false}
{commit=} 0 10
INFO  - 2015-03-18 15:06:51.039;
org.apache.solr.update.processor.LogUpdateProcessor; [logmill] webapp=/solr
path=/update params={commit=true} {commit=} 0 10

Regards,
Edwin

Posted by Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo <ed...@gmail.com>.
Hi Charlee,

I've followed the setup from the Solr In Action book, and assign port 8983
to shard1 and port 8984 to shard2. Will it cause any issues?

Regards,
Edwin

Posted by Charlee Chitsuk <ch...@gmail.com>.
The http://192.168.2.2:8984/solr/

Posted by Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo <ed...@gmail.com>.
Oh ya. The previous log was from shard1. This log is from shard2.

INFO  - 2015-03-18 15:06:51.019;
org.apache.solr.update.processor.LogUpdateProcessor; [logmill] webapp=/solr
path=/update params={distrib.from=
http://192.168.2.2:8983/solr/logmill/&update.distrib=TOLEADER&wt=javabin&version=2}
{} 0 20
ERROR - 2015-03-18 15:06:51.019; org.apache.solr.common.SolrException;
org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: ERROR:
[doc=C:\Users\edwin\solr-5.0.0\example\exampledocs\solr-word.pdf] unknown
field 'meta_save_date'
at
org.apache.solr.update.DocumentBuilder.toDocument(DocumentBuilder.java:183)
at
org.apache.solr.update.AddUpdateCommand.getLuceneDocument(AddUpdateCommand.java:78)
at
org.apache.solr.update.DirectUpdateHandler2.addDoc0(DirectUpdateHandler2.java:240)
at
org.apache.solr.update.DirectUpdateHandler2.addDoc(DirectUpdateHandler2.java:166)
at
org.apache.solr.update.processor.RunUpdateProcessor.processAdd(RunUpdateProcessorFactory.java:69)
at
org.apache.solr.update.processor.UpdateRequestProcessor.processAdd(UpdateRequestProcessor.java:51)
at
org.apache.solr.update.processor.DistributedUpdateProcessor.doLocalAdd(DistributedUpdateProcessor.java:931)
at
org.apache.solr.update.processor.DistributedUpdateProcessor.versionAdd(DistributedUpdateProcessor.java:1085)
at
org.apache.solr.update.processor.DistributedUpdateProcessor.processAdd(DistributedUpdateProcessor.java:697)
at
org.apache.solr.update.processor.LogUpdateProcessor.processAdd(LogUpdateProcessorFactory.java:104)
at
org.apache.solr.handler.loader.JavabinLoader$1.update(JavabinLoader.java:96)
at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.request.JavaBinUpdateRequestCodec$1.readOuterMostDocIterator(JavaBinUpdateRequestCodec.java:166)
at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.request.JavaBinUpdateRequestCodec$1.readIterator(JavaBinUpdateRequestCodec.java:136)
at org.apache.solr.common.util.JavaBinCodec.readVal(JavaBinCodec.java:225)
at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.request.JavaBinUpdateRequestCodec$1.readNamedList(JavaBinUpdateRequestCodec.java:121)
at org.apache.solr.common.util.JavaBinCodec.readVal(JavaBinCodec.java:190)
at org.apache.solr.common.util.JavaBinCodec.unmarshal(JavaBinCodec.java:116)
at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.request.JavaBinUpdateRequestCodec.unmarshal(JavaBinUpdateRequestCodec.java:173)
at
org.apache.solr.handler.loader.JavabinLoader.parseAndLoadDocs(JavabinLoader.java:106)
at org.apache.solr.handler.loader.JavabinLoader.load(JavabinLoader.java:58)
at
org.apache.solr.handler.UpdateRequestHandler$1.load(UpdateRequestHandler.java:103)
at
org.apache.solr.handler.ContentStreamHandlerBase.handleRequestBody(ContentStreamHandlerBase.java:74)
at
org.apache.solr.handler.RequestHandlerBase.handleRequest(RequestHandlerBase.java:144)
at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.execute(SolrCore.java:2006)
at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.execute(SolrDispatchFilter.java:777)
at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:413)
at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:204)
at
org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1419)
at
org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:455)
at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:137)
at
org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:557)
at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:231)
at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1075)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:384)
at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:193)
at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1009)
at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:135)
at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:255)
at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:154)
at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:116)
at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.handleRequest(AbstractHttpConnection.java:489)
at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.BlockingHttpConnection.handleRequest(BlockingHttpConnection.java:53)
at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.content(AbstractHttpConnection.java:953)
at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(AbstractHttpConnection.java:1014)
at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:953)
at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:240)
at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.BlockingHttpConnection.handle(BlockingHttpConnection.java:72)
at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.bio.SocketConnector$ConnectorEndPoint.run(SocketConnector.java:264)
at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:608)
at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:543)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

INFO  - 2015-03-18 15:06:51.039;
org.apache.solr.update.DirectUpdateHandler2; start
commit{,optimize=false,openSearcher=true,waitSearcher=true,expungeDeletes=false,softCommit=false,prepareCommit=false}
INFO  - 2015-03-18 15:06:51.039;
org.apache.solr.update.DirectUpdateHandler2; No uncommitted changes.
Skipping IW.commit.
INFO  - 2015-03-18 15:06:51.039; org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore;
SolrIndexSearcher has not changed - not re-opening:
org.apache.solr.search.SolrIndexSearcher
INFO  - 2015-03-18 15:06:51.039;
org.apache.solr.update.DirectUpdateHandler2; end_commit_flush
INFO  - 2015-03-18 15:06:51.039;
org.apache.solr.update.processor.LogUpdateProcessor; [logmill] webapp=/solr
path=/update params={waitSearcher=true&distrib.from=
http://192.168.2.7:8983/solr/logmill/&update.distrib=FROMLEADER&openSearcher=true&commit=true&wt=javabin&expungeDeletes=false&commit_end_point=true&version=2&softCommit=false}
{commit=} 0 0

Regards,
Edwin

Posted by Damien Kamerman <da...@gmail.com>.

--
Damien Kamerman

Re: Unable to index rich-text documents in Solr Cloud

Posted by Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo <ed...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Damien Kamerman <da...@gmail.com>.

--
Damien Kamerman

Re: Unable to index rich-text documents in Solr Cloud

Posted by Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo <ed...@gmail.com>.
Hi Erick,

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.