Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "MÜLLER Christian (ICS460-BAI)" <Ch...@spar-ics.com> on 2021/09/14 09:57:05 UTC

Missing chmodDirectory in SFTP component

Hello,

we noticed that the SFTP component does not support the chmodDirectory parameter.  (like the file-component https://camel.apache.org/components/3.11.x/file-component.html)
Is there a specific reason for that?  Is there any chance that this will be changed in future releases.

Regards Christian Müller
Sollten Sie diese E-Mail unbeabsichtigt bzw. irrtümlich erhalten haben, so weisen wir Sie darauf hin, dass gemäß § 93 Abs 4 TKG der Inhalt sowie die Tatsache des Empfangs dieser E-Mail weder aufgezeichnet noch verwertet oder Unbefugten mitgeteilt werden dürfen. Wir ersuchen Sie, die Nachricht von Ihrem System zu löschen und sich mit uns in Verbindung zu setzen. If you have received this email accidentally or in error, we point out that, in accordance with § 93 para. 4 TKG (Telecommunications Act), the contents of this email and the fact of its receipt must not be recorded, exploited or communicated to unauthorized persons. We ask you to delete the message from your system and to contact us.

[cid:image9ad2a5.PNG@81480963.489c1813]<https://www.spar-ics.com/>

Dipl. Ing. Christian Müller
Software Engineer
Business Automation & Integration
<http://>

Mobile: +43 664 88748100
E-Mail: Christian.Mueller@spar-ics.com<ma...@spar-ics.com>

SPAR Business Services GmbH
Information & Communication Services
Europastrasse 3, 5015 Salzburg, Austria

<http://>

                [cid:imagea65d3f.PNG@24482dd4.4ca65277]

Re: Missing chmodDirectory in SFTP component

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

file and ftp are not exactly the same, so some functionality is only
possible in either one.

However the FTP client may have API for changing file permissions.
You are welcome to research if there is one, and if so create a JIRA. And
if possible try to implement this and submit a PR.

Mind that SFTP and FTP are not the same client api - so it may be that
none, or only one of them have this functionality.

--
Claus Ibsen