Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Murphy, James" <Ja...@excelergy.com> on 2001/09/12 19:43:48 UTC

"Compiled" Schemas

Hi all - I have a question concerning performance improvement while doing
parsing with validation.  We validate with a few schemas over and over again
in our server application.  Currently we parse every time.  I have been
looking into the breusegrammer parameter to DOMParser::parse but would like
a little more info.  Any thoughts?

Ideas:

1.  I have an entityresolver that could lazy create and cache input sources
but I'd rather hold onto a DOM tree or similar.

2.  Use the reuseGrammer flag if applicable but what should I reset after
parsing?  Does this apply to Schemas as well as DTD?

3.  Save off a Grammar* ?  Don't know about this at all

Any thoughts would be appreciated...
Jim