Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by John <li...@johndubchak.com> on 2008/05/03 22:51:52 UTC

Virtual Host Config and Deployment Issue

Hi,

I've configured two virtual hosts for testing in Geronimo 2.1 running on
OS X by following the instructions at:

http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/configuring-virtual-hosts-in-geronimo-tomcat.html

However, when I try to deploy a webapp with the following deployment plan:

<web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-2.0.1">
    <environment>
        <moduleId>
            <groupId>com.example.hosting</groupId>
            <artifactId>ChangePassword</artifactId>
            <version>2.1</version>
            <type>war</type>
        </moduleId>
        <dependencies>
            <dependency>
                <groupId>console.dbpool</groupId>
                <artifactId>MailSystem</artifactId>
            </dependency>
        </dependencies>
    </environment>
    <context-root>/changePassword</context-root>
    <host>example.com</host>
    <resource-ref>
        <ref-name>jdbc/MailSystem</ref-name>
        <resource-link>jdbc/MailSystem</resource-link>
    </resource-ref>
</web-app>

I receive the following exception:

Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.gbean.InvalidConfigurationException:
Configuration com.example.hosting/ChangePassword/2.1/war failed to start
due to the following reasons:
  The service
J2EEApplication=null,j2eeType=WebModule,name=com.example.hosting/ChangePassword/2.1/war
did not start because Invalid virtual host 'example.com'.  Do you have a
matching Host entry in the plan?

    at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:485)

I can open the console application on the 2 different virtual hosts that
are configured and ping each from the command line, however, the
deployment fails.  What am I missing?

Thanks,
John

Re: Virtual Host Config and Deployment Issue

Posted by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>.
It looks OK to me and I have the very same config working on my machine. I'm running this on Windows though.

Could it be some "poison" character messing around in the config.xml; maybe at the end of <attribute name="initParams">name=elitesa.com  !?

Can somebody else with a Mac take a quick look at this? I copied and pasted this conf on my machine and got it working

Cheers!
Hernan

Posted by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by John <li...@johndubchak.com>.

[...]