Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Benjamin Young <by...@bigbluehat.com> on 2016/07/05 20:39:10 UTC

Apache Annotator needs you to mentor! ;)

Hi all!

I'd very much like to un-log-jam the Annotator Proposal which I submitted back in late May-hence the new thread. ;)

AFAIK, we only need one more Mentor to get things rolling. Two of our committers are from the Apache CouchDB community and have been doing The Apache Way for > 5+ years each, so it should be a fairly easy mentoring time as you'll have help. ;)

Please give our proposal a read through and sign-up as our last Mentor:
https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/AnnotatorProposal

The future of commentary on all the things needs you!
Benjamin

P.S.: The original thread starts here (for the curious):
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/92ecfbc40a1feb4db345e4210b0f68afd31a31ff96dfb618c214ee84@1464702385@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E
--
http://bigbluehat.com/
http://linkedin.com/in/benjaminyoung

RE: Apache Annotator needs you to mentor! ;)

Posted by Benjamin Young <by...@bigbluehat.com>.
Hey Brian!

Glad you like the project proposal. I'd love to add you to our list of Mentors (or you can):
https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/AnnotatorProposal#Nominated_Mentors

Also, you can join the existing mailing list (for now ;) ) to ask more questions about the project and it's code:
https://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/annotator-dev/

Now for me to wander off and see what's left for us to tackle to get into incubation. ;)

Thanks, Brian!
Benjamin

> I'd very much like to un-log-jam the Annotator Proposal which I
> submitted back in late May-hence the new thread. ;)
>
> AFAIK, we only need one more Mentor to get things rolling. Two of our
> committers are from the Apache CouchDB community and have been doing
> The Apache Way for > 5+ years each, so it should be a fairly easy
> mentoring time as you'll have help. ;)
>
> Please give our proposal a read through and sign-up as our last Mentor:
> https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/AnnotatorProposal

I've not mentored in quite a few years, so am kind of rusty, but this is a project I wish I knew existed prior to seeing this email, and now will use the bejoobers out of, so... I'll volunteer if you need me :-)

-Brian

/me wanders off to read the current expectations of mentors :-)

Posted by Brian McCallister <br...@skife.org>.