Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Efrem Mc <ef...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/24 10:43:59 UTC

Fwd: Graphical Class View

Good morning, can we please get an update status on Tim's question
regarding the repository previously stored on netbeans.org?

This is in regards to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-488

Thanks and regards,

Efrem McCrimon

DB Tribe member
GUI Builder Tribe member

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 25 May 2018 at 03:56 Efrem Mc <ef...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Geertjan, thanks for taking the to follow-up.  I believe this
> issues on Netbeans-488 is set as a Minor defect.

This isn't currently a defect in NetBeans as such - code was added in a
recent PR to assert certain visual library methods are being called on the
EDT.  This plugin should still work with assertions disabled then?

There is a broader question of whether the visual library should always
have to be used on the EDT.  Personally I think asserting that (in both
senses) is a good move given there is some minimal Swing interaction going
on.

Best wishes,

Neil
--
Neil C Smith
Artist & Technologist

Re: Graphical Class View

Posted by Efrem Mc <ef...@gmail.com>.
Hi Geertjan, thanks for taking the to follow-up.  I believe this
issues on Netbeans-488 is set as a Minor defect.  The developer is
waiting for feedback.  Please reply back to him for guidance.

If there is anything, you need me to focus on testing, please let me know.

Thanks,

Efrem

Re: Graphical Class View

Posted by Efrem Mc <ef...@gmail.com>.