Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Chad Dombrova <ch...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/26 06:26:00 UTC

cython test instability

Hi all,
The cython tests started failing on one of my PRs which were succeeding
before.   The error is one that I've never seen before (separated onto
different lines to make it easier to read):

Caused by: org.gradle.api.GradleException:
Could not copy file
'/home/jenkins/jenkins-slave/workspace/beam_PreCommit_Python_Commit@2
/src/sdks/python/.eggs/simplegeneric-0.8.1-py2.7.egg'
'/home/jenkins/jenkins-slave/workspace/beam_PreCommit_Python_Commit@2
/src/sdks/python/test-suites/tox/py2/build/srcs/sdks/python/.eggs/simplegeneric-0.8.1-py2.7.egg'.

Followed immediately by an error about could not create a directory of the
same name.  Here's the gradle scan:

https://scans.gradle.com/s/ihfmrxr7evslw/failure?openFailures=WzFd&openStackTraces=WzZd#top=0

Any ideas?

-chad

Re: cython test instability

Posted by Chad Dombrova <ch...@gmail.com>.
yeah, I've excised both test_requires and setup_requires in my test
simplification PR:  https://github.com/apache/beam/pull/10038

I'm happy to see those go sooner rather than later, as it'll reduce the
scope of my PR.  The rest of my PR is about ensuring that build
dependencies like cython and grpc are available at "build" time (i.e. when
setup.py gets called), and the modern solution for this is a
pep517/518-compliant build system, of which tox is one.

-chad

Re: cython test instability

Posted by Udi Meiri <eh...@google.com>.

Re: cython test instability