Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Kenwrick Chan <kc...@hawaii.edu> on 2000/06/04 21:25:25 UTC

Apache/cocoon config question

Folks,
I'm running Apache 1.3.12, tomcat 3.1, and cocoon 1.7.4 on solaris 2.6.
I've added
the following to my httpd.conf file.

AddType text/xml .xml
AddHandler jserv-servlet .xml

Apache forwards any .xml extension files off to tomcat/cocoon if I have
a symbolic
link from the .xml files in my apache htdocs directory to .xml files in
my tomcat
directory (or vice versa).  Is there a way to set this up such that the
.xml files
only need to exist in the apache htdocs directory?  I'm working on a
project with a
short time frame so I may not be able to impliment the whole project
with cocoon.
I'd like to be able to mix and match cocoon and php pages, but not have users
access my files via the tomcat directory tree.

Thanks,
Kenwrick