Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Allen May <um...@donet.com> on 2001/12/26 12:22:48 UTC

401 forward

We have a secure Intranet. We have changed the default 401 error message to
provide links to retry signing in or go to other web sites.

We would like to put a form field on this page so that if an employee forgot
their password, they can enter their e-mail address, we will then querry the
database for that e-mail.

The problem is that we don't want to expose any connection to our database
and we can't forward to the secure area because they will again be prompted
for security access.

Any suggestions how to handle this?

Thanks

-Allen May