Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Hamed Zahedifar <h....@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2022/01/09 14:16:22 UTC

Broken for jdk8

Hello All,
i have upgraded to Artemis 2.20 but can not be run with jdk8.
Regards,Hamed

Re: Broken for jdk8

Posted by Francesco Nigro <ni...@gmail.com>.
I can ensure it's the opposite: the recommendation is to upgrade to the
very latest JDK supported/compatible version in order to benefit from the
many performance and stability improvements introduced in recent JDK
versions.
Furthermore I suggest to run your own perf tests and verify that for your
use case everything is fine.

Re: Broken for jdk8

Posted by Hamed Zahedifar <h....@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Thanks Justin,

Re: Broken for jdk8

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.

Re: Broken for jdk8

Posted by Thorsten Meinl <th...@knime.com>.
See
https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/download/release-notes-2.20.0

"[ARTEMIS-3420] - Target Java 11+ , i.e. drop support for Java 8"