Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Anthony Eden <ae...@signaturedomains.com> on 2001/10/21 15:06:55 UTC

EdenCRM Powered by Velocity

Greetings all,

I recently released version 0.4.1 of the EdenCRM application (
http://edencrm.sf.net ). EdenCRM is
an open source java application for Customer Relationship Management which
is designed specifically for small businesses.  It runs on the desktop
and does not require any server software (unless you want to have
multiple users use a shared database for tickets and history entries).

It uses Velocity for a couple different purposes:

1.) for dynamic message templates, which are used in composing standard
messages to customers

2.) configuration files are passed through Velocity to substitute common
variables like $home.

The more I use Velocity, the more I think that everything text should be
passed through it first.  :-)

Sincerely,
Anthony Eden

Re: EdenCRM Powered by Velocity

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
On 10/24/01 3:42 PM, "Anthony Eden" <ae...@signaturedomains.com> wrote:

> Sounds fine with me.  At what point does an app cross over from 'in
> progress' to 'powered by'?

It's on the powered-by page.  I put it in the misc/in-progress section.  I
figured since it's version 0.4.1 or something, that it's not done.

That's your call though...  Let us know.

Geir

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.                       geirm@optonline.net
System and Software Consulting
You're going to end up getting pissed at your software
anyway, so you might as well not pay for it. Try Open Source.

Re: EdenCRM Powered by Velocity

Posted by Anthony Eden <ae...@signaturedomains.com>.

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.