Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Thomas Neidhart <th...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/04 13:30:38 UTC

[all] Sending emails via p.a.o

Hi,

I tried to send the announcement in the morning with my apache.org email
address, but nothing came through so far.

Does anybody know if there is a problem with this atm? I did not receive an
error though.

Thanks,

Thomas

Re: [all] Sending emails via p.a.o

Posted by Thomas Neidhart <th...@gmail.com>.
On 03/04/2013 07:20 PM, sebb wrote:
> On 4 March 2013 17:55, Thomas Neidhart <th...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> That is a "feature" of gmail. You have two choices. Get used to it or
>>> use a less "helpful" mai client.
>>
>> Normally I get my own messages to the mailingslists. This just does not
>> work when I send with my @apache.org address.
>>
>> @sebb: I am only subscribed with my @gmail.com address, but will change
>> that.
>
> BTW, you only need to use your apache address for posting to the ASF
> announce list.
> So if you are prepared to send a separate announce mail for that, you
> can use gmail for commons dev and user

I did this the last time, by accident ;-)

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thomas Neidhart <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 04/03/2013 15:55, Thomas Neidhart wrote:
> hmm weird, my email client (gmail) does not show it.

That is a "feature" of gmail. You have two choices. Get used to it or
use a less "helpful" mai client.

Mark

Re: [all] Sending emails via p.a.o

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 4 March 2013 15:55, Thomas Neidhart <th...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 4:34 PM, Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org> wrote:

>> apache.orgemail

>> > receive

>> > hmm, I did not try it for some time, and I have configured for the @
>> > apache.org identity people.apache.org as outgoing smtp host as described
>> > somewhere.
>> >
>> > The connection succeeded, but no mail arrived, and I do not want to spam
>> > various mailinglists.
>> >

>> Your announce mail through tn@apache.org arrived. Did you get an error
>> while sending? Maybe your mail client just doesn't show the send mails (for
>> whatever reason...)
>>

> hmm weird, my email client (gmail) does not show it.

Remember that GMail hides e-mails it thinks are duplicates.

> I can see it now in the mail archives for dev@commons and announce@apache,
> but not for user@commons, although the raw messages shows that it was sent
> also to user@commons.apache.org

You weren't/aren't subscribed; I had to moderate that mail through.

Posted by Thomas Neidhart <th...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 5:17 PM, Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org> wrote:

> 2013/3/4 Thomas Neidhart <th...@gmail.com>
>
> > On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 4:34 PM, Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>
> > wrote:

> > > apache.orgemail

> > described

> > spam
> > > >

> > > Your announce mail through tn@apache.org arrived. Did you get an error
> > > while sending? Maybe your mail client just doesn't show the send mails
> > (for
> > > whatever reason...)
> > >

> > hmm weird, my email client (gmail) does not show it.
> > I can see it now in the mail archives for dev@commons and
> announce@apache,
> > but not for user@commons, although the raw messages shows that it was
> sent
> > also to user@commons.apache.org
> >

> Maybe the archive of users@c.a.o has not synced yet. I received your mail
> through all three MLs, so no worries ;-)

ok thanks, I will check my setup.

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.
2013/3/4 Thomas Neidhart <th...@gmail.com>

> On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 4:34 PM, Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>
> wrote:

> > apache.orgemail

> > > receive

> > > hmm, I did not try it for some time, and I have configured for the @
> > > apache.org identity people.apache.org as outgoing smtp host as
> described
> > > somewhere.
> > >
> > > The connection succeeded, but no mail arrived, and I do not want to
> spam
> > > various mailinglists.
> > >

> > Your announce mail through tn@apache.org arrived. Did you get an error
> > while sending? Maybe your mail client just doesn't show the send mails
> (for
> > whatever reason...)
> >

> hmm weird, my email client (gmail) does not show it.
> I can see it now in the mail archives for dev@commons and announce@apache,
> but not for user@commons, although the raw messages shows that it was sent
> also to user@commons.apache.org

Maybe the archive of users@c.a.o has not synced yet. I received your mail
through all three MLs, so no worries ;-)

Benedikt

--
http://people.apache.org/~britter/
http://www.systemoutprintln.de/

Re: [all] Sending emails via p.a.o

Posted by Thomas Neidhart <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Thomas Neidhart <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 04/03/2013 12:30, Thomas Neidhart wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to send the announcement in the morning with my apache.org email
> address, but nothing came through so far.
>
> Does anybody know if there is a problem with this atm? I did not receive an
> error though.

It is working for me.

Mark