Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Mugeesh Husain <mu...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/07 18:37:02 UTC

how to deployed another web project into jetty server(solr inbuilt)

I am using Solr-5.3 with inbuilt jetty server. everything solr related is
working fine. my problem I have a spring based web application for admin
configuration.
i don't have a another other server, i want to deploy it to jetty server.

I have googled still could not fine suitable answer.

can we deploy another war file in this container ? Yes or NO

Thanks.
Mugeesh

Re: how to deployed another web project into jetty server(solr inbuilt)

Posted by Mugeesh Husain <mu...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Upayavira &Daniel
Clearly understand, now they agree to install another server.

Re: how to deployed another web project into jetty server(solr inbuilt)

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.

On Thu, Oct 8, 2015, at 03:21 PM, Mugeesh Husain wrote:
> Thank you Daniel Collins.
>
> Client is not providing tomcat or any other server that why i was looking
> for it.
> any i ask again for server installation.

There is good reason for what Daniel told you. Sure, you can work out
how to install your app within Solr's jetty. Then, you try to upgrade
and find that Solr isn't using Jetty anymore, or uses it in an
incompatible way.

You would be best to advise your client that installing your app within
Solr is not advised, and that you will need to install the app in
another way.

Upayavira

Re: how to deployed another web project into jetty server(solr inbuilt)

Posted by Mugeesh Husain <mu...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Daniel Collins.

Client is not providing tomcat or any other server that why i was looking
for it.
any i ask again for server installation.

Thanks,
Mugeesh Husain

Re: how to deployed another web project into jetty server(solr inbuilt)

Posted by Daniel Collins <da...@gmail.com>.
The short answer is technically it might be possible but its not a
supported configuration.  As of Solr 5.x (I forget the exact version), the
use of Jetty is an implementation detail, you should treat Solr as a black
box, whether it uses Jetty or not is irrelevant, and not something you can
"piggy back" on.

It should be trivial to setup a small Jetty installation that deploys your
app, why can't you do that?