Posted to pluto-dev@portals.apache.org by "LaCasse, John" <JL...@filenet.com> on 2005/01/17 19:42:14 UTC

Getting access to APPLICATION_SCOPE Session attributes from the HttpSession

It is my understanding from the JSR168 spec that all application scoped
attributes should be accessible from the HttpSession object. When I
redirect to a regular jsp page via a link on a portlet, the HttpSession
object in that JSP isn't carrying the attributes that are in the
Application scoped PortletSession. Based on other responses from the
Jetspeed mailing list I've gotten; I want to be clear that because I'm
redirecting via a link or a response.sendRedirect that the
PortletSession attribute does not exist in the request attributes.
Because of this it is very difficult if not impossible to communicate
data between portlets and there supporting jsp's or servlets. I don't
have this issue in Weblogic or WebSphere; in both those containers the
PortletSession attributes are accessible via the standard HttpSession.
Am I missing something or is there some configuration that needs to take
place?

Thanks for any help on this,
Jpl

Re: Getting access to APPLICATION_SCOPE Session attributes from the HttpSession

Posted by Eric Dalquist <ed...@unicon.net>.
Probably because of the following issue:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PLUTO-53

It turns out this is actually a problem with most servlet containers. To
date it looks like the only platform this functionality works on is
Tomcat 5.5

-Eric Dalquist