Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by balaji hari <to...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/03 00:15:24 UTC

Synapse proxy service changes service address location

Hi,

We are using synapse as xml mediaiton framework. We configured a proxy
service and specified WSDL URI. But synapse changed the URI in the generated
WSDL based on machine name.

<wsdl:service name="WpsServiceUT">
−
	<wsdl:port name="WpsServiceUTSOAP11port_http"
binding="tns:WpsServiceUTSOAP11Binding">
<soap:address location="http://callisto:6666/soap/WpsServiceUT"/>
</wsdl:port>

Is there a way to configure this behavior, as we have a different public
domain name to access the service, that too through https?

Balaji

Re: Synapse proxy service changes service address location

Posted by balaji hari <to...@gmail.com>.
A patch would be really great!
How soon can we get this update?

Balaji

Posted by balaji hari <to...@gmail.com>.
We can't as synapse and apache are running in the same box.

I feel its not a nice to have, but a required feature as
most of the other mediation framework has this option.

Balaji

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Balaji

In the meantime, could you just set Synapse to listen on 8081 too?

Paul

On 8/7/07, Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Balaji
>
> Unfortunately we don't do this with 1.0. We can do a patch simply
> enough. I actually asked the Axis2 team to do this once before :-) So
> its nice to have a good reason.
>
> I'll raise a JIRA, and I'll see we can get you an update. We plan to
> have a 1.0.1 sometime soon, so if you can use a nightly build to test
> it shouldn't be long.
>
> Paul
>
> On 8/7/07, balaji hari <to...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Thanks for getting back to us on this. But actually we have a web server
> > (proxy) sitting infront of synapse
> > which listens to https.
> >
> > This is how it looks like.
> >                               Forwards
> >                               (http)
> > Apache(https):8081 --------->Synapse(http):6666
> >
> > So the client has to do
> >
> > https://freemantle.org:8081/soap/TestService
> >
> > but the synapse changes the soap:address in the generated wsdl to
> >
> > http://freemantle.org:6666/soap/TestService which we don't want.
> >
> > Appreciate if you could help us how to configure synapse to accomplish this?
> >
> > thanks
> > Balaji
> >

> > balaji hari wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > We are using synapse as xml mediaiton framework. We configured a proxy
> > > service and specified WSDL URI. But synapse changed the URI in the
> > > generated WSDL based on machine name.
> > >
> > > <wsdl:service name="WpsServiceUT">
> > > −
> > >       <wsdl:port name="WpsServiceUTSOAP11port_http"
> > > binding="tns:WpsServiceUTSOAP11Binding">
> > > <soap:address location="http://callisto:6666/soap/WpsServiceUT"/>
> > > </wsdl:port>
> > >
> > > Is there a way to configure this behavior, as we have a different public
> > > domain name to access the service, that too through https?
> > >
> > > Balaji
> > >

> > --

> Paul Fremantle
> OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair
>
> blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
> paul@wso2.com

Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: Synapse proxy service changes service address location

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Balaji

Unfortunately we don't do this with 1.0. We can do a patch simply
enough. I actually asked the Axis2 team to do this once before :-) So
its nice to have a good reason.

I'll raise a JIRA, and I'll see we can get you an update. We plan to
have a 1.0.1 sometime soon, so if you can use a nightly build to test
it shouldn't be long.

Paul

On 8/7/07, balaji hari <to...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for getting back to us on this. But actually we have a web server
> (proxy) sitting infront of synapse
> which listens to https.
>
> This is how it looks like.
>                               Forwards
>                               (http)
> Apache(https):8081 --------->Synapse(http):6666
>
> So the client has to do
>
> https://freemantle.org:8081/soap/TestService
>
> but the synapse changes the soap:address in the generated wsdl to
>
> http://freemantle.org:6666/soap/TestService which we don't want.
>
> Appreciate if you could help us how to configure synapse to accomplish this?
>
> thanks
> Balaji
>

> balaji hari wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > We are using synapse as xml mediaiton framework. We configured a proxy
> > service and specified WSDL URI. But synapse changed the URI in the
> > generated WSDL based on machine name.
> >
> > <wsdl:service name="WpsServiceUT">
> > −
> >       <wsdl:port name="WpsServiceUTSOAP11port_http"
> > binding="tns:WpsServiceUTSOAP11Binding">
> > <soap:address location="http://callisto:6666/soap/WpsServiceUT"/>
> > </wsdl:port>
> >
> > Is there a way to configure this behavior, as we have a different public
> > domain name to access the service, that too through https?
> >
> > Balaji

Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: Synapse proxy service changes service address location

Posted by balaji hari <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Balaji

You can do this by adding the following into repository\conf\axis2.xml

<transportReceiver name="http"
class="org.apache.axis2.transport.nhttp.HttpCoreNIOListener">
    	<parameter name="port" locked="false">8080</parameter>
    	<parameter name="non-blocking" locked="false">true</parameter>
   ****<parameter name="hostname">fremantle.org</parameter>****
    </transportReceiver>

(Don't add the ****s! They are just there to show you the added line.

You need to add this to the http and https receiver configs. In this
case fremantle.org is my public server, so that is what will be shown
in the WSDL.

Paul

On 8/2/07, balaji hari <to...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are using synapse as xml mediaiton framework. We configured a proxy
> service and specified WSDL URI. But synapse changed the URI in the generated
> WSDL based on machine name.
>
> <wsdl:service name="WpsServiceUT">
> −
>         <wsdl:port name="WpsServiceUTSOAP11port_http"
> binding="tns:WpsServiceUTSOAP11Binding">
> <soap:address location="http://callisto:6666/soap/WpsServiceUT"/>
> </wsdl:port>
>
> Is there a way to configure this behavior, as we have a different public
> domain name to access the service, that too through https?
>
> Balaji

Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org