Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Dickinson, Ian John (HP Labs, Bristol, UK)" <ia...@hp.com> on 2005/07/11 17:09:12 UTC

Migrating TypeMapping code from 1.2RC3 to 1.2.1

Hi,
I'm moving some code that was working under 1.2RC3 (I think, it may have
been 1.2RC2) to Axis 1.2.1. My custom type mappings extend some of the
built in type mappings, and I'm getting a compiler error (type mismatch)
when I try to register them. Looking through the source, I find that
org.apache.axis.encoding.TypeMappingImpl does not implement the
TypeMapping interface any more, and looking through the CVS logs [1] I
read that I shouldn't be using TypeMappingImpl now.  What I'm not sure
about is what to use in its place. Is there any documentation I can read
on TypeMappingDelegate and the difference between that and the
TypeMappingImpl approach?  The Axis user manual [2] still refers to
TypeMappingImpl in the encoding description.

If there isn't a description online, can someone post a brief summary of
how to do custom type mappings in 1.2.1 please?

Thanks,
Ian

[1]
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/ws-axis/java/src/org/apache/axis/encod
ing/TypeMappingImpl.java?rev=1.65&view=log notes for rev 1.57
[2]
http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/architecture-guide.html#EncodingSubsystem

Ian Dickinson   HP Labs, Bristol, UK      mailto:ian.dickinson@hp.com
net www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Ian_Dickinson       ph +44 (117) 312 8796