Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Goehring, Chuck Mr., RCI - San Diego" <cg...@resourceconsultants.com> on 2002/07/27 01:44:57 UTC

Using a module that is not quite mod_perl compliant

To the list of mod_perl experts,

If a third-party module uses global variables internally that causes persistence of the data under mod_perl, is there a fix.  This particular module has a lot of dependencies on other modules, so "fixing" the third-party stuff may not be practical.  It really saves me a lot of work, but I obviously can't use it if I'll have multi-user data corruption.

Currently running on Win2000, Apache 1.3.12 and mod_perl 1.24, perl 5.6.0.  It is a cgi that runs under Apache::Registry.  It doesn't do any of the exotic "handler" stuff that mod_perl does - it's just a cgi that queries Oracle.

Any canned solutions to this type of problem?  Would moving my code to a module help?

Thanks
Chuck Goehring

Re: Using a module that is not quite mod_perl compliant

Posted by pe...@elem.com.
> If a third-party module uses global variables internally that causes
> persistence of the data under mod_perl, is there a fix.

You can manually clear them in a cleanup handler.  If they're in a
separate package, you can clear the whole namespace of the package.  Take
a look at the code for this in Apache::PerlRun.
- Perrin